Skip to main content
When Harry Met Minnie: A True Story of Love and FriendshipWhen Harry Met Minnie: A True Story of Love and Friendship by Martha Teichner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I truly enjoyed this memoir, in fact I read it in an afternoon.
Don't be fooled into thinking that this a a dog book. Yes, dogs, particularly bull terriers, are front and center, but so too it is a story of friendship and love.
Weekly walks to Union Market lead to great food, familiar faces and friendship.
It is so true that our pets can become the means to greet and meet people. They often make the introductions just because of the fact they draw the attention away from the human and on to themselves. This is indeed how Piggy, then Moose and Minnie helped to introduce Martha Teichner to Stephen and then Carol, Harry's owner.
I enjoyed learning about Martha Teichner's background, her roots to Michigan as well as South Carolina.
This is a wonderful story of friendship between humans and their pets and between human and humans. Wonderful story.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of the Whole Stupid World by Matt Kracht My rating: 4 of 5 stars After reading The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America by the same author, I had to follow up and read The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of the Whole Stupid World. Same premise. Sprinkled in among the sarcasm and language are some interesting facts about the birds. Certainly not for the easily offended. I read this book with a smile. View all my reviews
One of the Good Guys by Araminta Hall My rating: 3 of 5 stars So many points of view including some that seemed far fetched. I had a hard time connecting to any of the characters. So many important issues brought into the mix. Overall a fairly predictable outcome. View all my reviews
The Last House on the Street by Diane Chamberlain My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was drawn into the story immediately. Loved the dual timelines. This book covers some many topics but ultimately it is a story of love and redemption. View all my reviews